Data Platform Selection and Implementation – Azure
The client is a large national leisure, hospitality and entertainment business. The group functions needed a reporting and analytics capability enabled in a unified enterprise data lake to understand Customer Profitability, determine ROMI ( Return On Marketing Investment), and better manage the >8000 person customer facing workforce.
What We Did
- Implemented an enterprise data platform with real time data updates (CDC), self service analytics and reporting capabilities, pre-canned reports and dashboards for senior management with defined business KPI’s
- POC for cloud platform selection and POC for Microsoft Azure Platform architecture for batch loading and streaming of data
- The solution was built on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform with data sourced into the Data Lake from 17 different sources, ~600 tables, ~6Tb data with different file formats and multiple ingestion patterns.
- Defined and validated business requirements and processes through workshops with business SMEs and completed source to target mapping for ~120 measures (KPI’s) and 25 dimensions across the business functions
- Designed and developed data conversion patterns and ETL jobs to move data in Data Lake to Azure Data Warehouse and to the reporting layer using PowerBI
- Delivery approach enabled the project to deliver the business requirements in an iterative manner using agile delivery methodologies.
- Provided the technical foundations for streaming, advanced analytics, 3rd party access, and modelling
- Designed and delivered the Data Governance Framework and Data Analytics Operating Model and Service Support Model
- Provided the capability for the client to achieve revenue uplift and cost reduction targets identified in the business case
- Client is able to get an accurate view on following business capabilities: Customer Profitability – Finance and Customer Loyalty; Campaign Effectiveness – Marketing; Workforce Supply & Demand Management – Workforce Management
- Data governance framework and model
- Data Analytics Operating Model
- An operating data analytics platform that can support future use cases
- Decreased cost to deliver compared to traditional Datawarehouse methods
- Real time data capture
- IndustryLeisure and Entertainment
- Service LineData Strategy, Data Engineering