Finance Data Architecture & Roadmap
The client is a large broadband network provider with a national presence. They had developed an application modernisation strategy to leverage new digital technologies to drive efficiencies and scale without compromising customer experience. However, they lacked a clearly defined data architecture which was resulting in several challenges including a lack of visibility of end-to-end data requirements, manual and inefficient data management processes, duplicated and inconsistent data across platforms and suboptimal workflows.
What We Did
- Brought together disparate stakeholders from across the organisation to support the initiative and endorse outcomes
- Performed a baseline assessment of the current state environment in relation to capabilities, systems and data
- Captured high level data needs and usage by organisation unit and business process and mapped corresponding metrics
- Defined target state data architecture, including logical data model, systems of record, major data flows, BI and reporting, reference data management, etc.
- Defined high level implementation roadmap, including high level effort estimates
- Strategic overview and understanding of the major data entities needed to support Finance business units, processes and key metrics
- The ability to consistently communicate data needs and usage across the organisation through the logical data model and business terms and definitions
- A target state blueprint and roadmap to be used for planning and executing Data & Analytics initiatives, including information management, governance, etc.
- Guidance for strategic projects in relation to data requirements and target data architecture
- Tailored artefacts that can be used in RFPs for application modernisation and to evaluate vendor responses
- Enabler for effective data management resulting in valuable insights and improved business performance
- Service LineData & Analytics